Check out our fantastic insider tips on how to get the most out of attending the Des Moines Wedding Show.
Not signed up?! Do it here! Be even more prepared for YOUR BIG DAY!
1. Come with a plan of attack! There will be 3 floors of vendors to check out, so it’ll help to be prepared. If you know the types of vendors you want to visit, make a list and visit them first. It will allow you to maximize your time and keep you focused.
HWI INSIDER TIP: Pick up a copy of our Jan/Feb issue of Heartland Wedding Ideas magazine the week of the show or at the show. It’ll have a map indicating where each of the vendor’s will be. You can find the specific vendors you want to meet or just the categories you still need help planning for!
2. Be ready to sample! There will be tasty bites all around, topped off with some chilled, bubbly drinks. So, before you indulge we suggest a healthy snack so you’re not starting on empty. You don’t want the sugar high to take over.
3. Save the heels for your big day. Wear those comfy flats so you can cover as much ground as you’d like. Remember, we said 3 floors of wedding amazingness! THREE FLOORS!!! You’re gonna want to see it all.
4. Keep an open mind. There will be new ideas, color schemes, designs, treats, and experiences all around. Soak it all in and take notes. You can dream about it later with a glass of wine!
5. Utilize that phone! We feel like this one probably comes naturally to most of you, so take photos whenever you can! That way you can start cataloging ideas electronically.
HWI INSIDER TIP: Be sure to check out the inspiration areas and photo booths all throughout the show. Snap some pics of décor ideas as well as selfies with your bridal crew. #beinspired #dsmWedShow #heartlandwed
6. Put a label on it! Okay, maybe not the phrase you were expecting, but making personal labels with your contact info and your wedding date keeps you from wasting time writing your email for vendor give-a-ways all day long.
7. Share the day with your besties. They’re just as excited as you are for your wedding day! You want to be surrounded by people who care about you and want to help create a very special experience. And it always helps to have a second or third set of eyes getting ideas.
HWI INSIDER TIP: Have you registered the people joining you online?!? YOU SHOULD! That enters you into more chances to win door prizes. You don’t have to go far, register here.
8. Come ready for a FULL day. You may think you only need an hour, but that’s if you’re Speed Racer. Once you get there, with so much to experience, you’ll want to be there for all of it.
HWI INSIDER TIP: Come in the morning to leisurely enjoy what vendors have to share. At 12:45 p.m., scope out your seat for the Runway Show. 2 p.m., go back and visit vendors that made a big impression for any final questions. Plus, there will be door prizes all day!
9. Entice your groom to join you. Remember this is his day too. This is an experience to share together, not just for the day of. Plus, there will be vendors especially for him.
10. Take a breath and enjoy. Remember, your big day will be wonderful and wedding shows are created to make it easier for you to have your dream day come true. The Des Moines Wedding Show was created specifically to allow you to have more time and space to talk and enjoy vendors. We know it’s a huge opportunity to get a lot checked off your list, so take your time and have fun while you do it!
HWI INSIDER TIP: You’ll enjoy it even more if you’re being pampered for the day! Make sure to check out KCCI and Des Moines Wedding Show’s giveaway for VIP seats at the runway show, a chance to meet vendors BEFORE the show, wine, salon & spa package and dinner out in Des Moines! Enter for a chance to win here!